(1) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Act or in any contract, arrangement or memorandum of understanding, every electronic commerce operator (hereinafter referred to in this section as the “operator”) shall, at the time of credit of any amount to the account of the supplier of goods and/or services or at the time of payment of any amount in cash or by any other mode, whichever is earlier, collect an amount, out of the amount payable or paid to the supplier, representing consideration towards the supply of goods and /or services made through it, calculated at such rate as may be notified in this behalf by the Central/State Government on the recommendation of the Council.
(2) The amount collected under sub-section (1) shall be paid to the credit of the appropriate Government by the operator within ten days after the end of the month in which such collection is made, in the manner prescribed.
(3) (a) Every operator shall, furnish a statement, electronically, of all amounts collected under sub-section (1), towards outward supplies of goods and/or services effected through it, during a calendar month, in such form and manner as may be prescribed, within ten days after the end of such calendar month.
(b) The statement under clause (a) shall contain, inter alia, the details of the amount collected on behalf of each supplier in respect of all supplies of goods and/or services effected through the operator and the details of such supplies during the said calendar month.
(4) Any amount collected in accordance with the provisions of this section and paid to the credit of the appropriate Government shall be deemed to be a payment of tax on behalf of the concerned supplier and the supplier shall claim credit, in his electronic cash ledger, of the tax collected and reflected in the statement of the operator filed under sub-section (4), in the manner prescribed.
(5) The details of supplies and the amount collected under sub-section (1) during a calendar month, and furnished by every operator under sub-section (4), shall, in the manner and within the period prescribed, be matched with the corresponding details of outward supplies furnished by the concerned supplier in his valid return for the same calendar month or any preceding calendar month.
(6) Where the details of outward supply, on which the tax has been collected, as declared by the operator under sub-section (4) do not match with the corresponding details declared by the supplier under section 25, the discrepancy shall be communicated to both persons in the manner and within the time as may be prescribed.
(7) The value of a supply relating to any payment in respect of which any discrepancy is communicated under sub-section (7) and which is not rectified by the supplier in his valid return for the month in which discrepancy is communicated shall be added to the output liability of the said supplier, in the manner as may be prescribed, for the calendar month succeeding the calendar month in which the discrepancy is communicated.
Copyright © 2015 - All Rights Reserved GSTSMS